June 26, 2008

National Park Tour

The most famous arch in Utah: Delicate Arch
It was unreal to be standing next to this arch in all it's beauty. Before we came on this vacation, I told my middle school students that I was going to see the arches in Utah. They told me I should go to St. Louis to see an arch and this way I wouldn't have to travel as far (smile). But I am sure glad that we made this journey, so I could see this natural Arch.

Leif and I under Landscape Arch. This is another famous arch called; Landscape Arch. It is longer then a football field, so this picture doesn't give it justice.
Leif and I sitting next to Double O Arch This is called Double O Arch because another arch sits right under it. The hick to get up her was 5 miles round trip. We had to hike across many different rock slabs. Out of all the hiking I have done in my life this was defiantly one of my favorite hikes.
Me in Capitol Reef National Park !!!!! Capital Reef National Park was one of my most favorite parks. Leif and I hiked sunset point, and were going to watch the sunset. But instead, Leif saw a high rock and thought it would be funner to climb to the top. It was a fun little rock climb and a beautiful view. The only downside is we forgot to watch the sunset.
Leif hiking The Narrows in Capital Reef National Park Ccapital Reef was an oasis inside a canyon. There were deer, fruit, streams, canyons, and beauty everywhere. It is the 2nd most remote National Park, but one I would recommend to anyone.

2 comments:

Brandi Hastings said...

Wow! That is amazing! It is beautiful out there. I hope that you guys are having a good time. It looks like it! Miss ya! See you when you get home!

Nicole said...

Rachel it is so good to see and hear from you. Nicole thinks that you should put warnings on your blog before pictures of big spiders. She really freaked out when she saw it, it was hilarious.