Monday
Another teacher that I work with, named Krista, has talked me into running a half Marathon with her. She and I have been running after school together in order to get ready. So on Monday morning I drove over to her house and we ran a great course through Riss Lake. It is so much better running with someone. The times goes by so fast and then all of the sudden, you realize you have ran 5 miles. Plus, Krista and I have great conversations. After running, I then went for a swim and hot tubed at the YMCA.
For the rest of my Monday, I then cleaned house and did little jobs around the house. I love ending my days at home with my wonderful husband. What a Great Day!!
Tuesday
Today I worked a double at Bravo. Nothing to exciting, but the weather was great. Therefore, lots of people came in to eat. I also got to eat a Pecan Clustered Talipa Salad. Yum Yum.

Wednesday
Today was another great day. Krista and I ran again in the morning. This time we ran the trail at English Landing Park and the trials around Park University. I again hot tubed at the YMCA. Another teacher friend and I decided that we were going to be tourist today. Her name is Laura and she just moved here as well. Together we went to the Kansas City Jazz Museum, The Negro Baseball Museum, and the Nelson Adkins Museum. Each museum was a lot of fun. I love exploring new places and things. We also found a juice bar down in Westport that tasted like Jumba Juice, and a 2nd hand book store that is just as good as new.
After a long day of being tourist, I went to a baby shower for a neighbor friend. It was really well put together with the theme being Alice in Wonderland. I had lots of fun.


Me up top hanging on for dear life. Laruen down below pushing with all her might.


WOW!!! I do love museums!!!!!
This morning was my day off from running, so I went for a bike ride with Kimberly and Jane. We biked around the neighborhood with great weather. After our bike ride the three of us then went down to Crown Center. I got to go to Kaleidoscope for my first time (only because Jane was with us). Kaleidoscope is a really cool children's craft center where the children use left overs from Hallmark to make fun crafts. I got to make Leif a fun present. We also went through the Hallmark Visitor Center and ate lunch out in front of Crown Center. It was a beautiful day and very nice.

Jane playing in the Kaleidoscope
Friday
Today I went for a one hour bike ride around Riverside. I am really starting to like my new bike. I then did some school work (it had to be done) and started making Leif his birthday present. The day ended by working a dinner shift at Bravo.
What a great week. It is crazy to think that I go back to school on Monday.
This is the school I teach at. Congress Middle School.
2 comments:
Ahhh, I'm so bummed that I wasn't there to share a small part in your week, I would have loved to hang out with you!
I wish we would have had our spring breaks at the same time! That would have been fun!
Post a Comment