August 16, 2009

Time in Spokane

Leif and I took the train over to Spokane, where we stayed with my family for 10 days. First off, if you have never taken the amtrack, it is truly an experience!! We truly enjoyed riding the train through the Gorge, and meeting all the friendly travelers.

While in Spokane we did a lot of rock-climbing, hiking, biking, swimming, and camping. My favorite camping trip as a child was Stephen's Lake. And I had the opportunity to take Leif backing into my most favorite site. The hike the shorter then I remembered, but the view was more beautiful. It was a great trip!!

Steven's Lake



Leif ended up carrying most of my stuff!!

Leif, Rachel, Daddy, Kjersti, Mathew, Darryn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun Rach! I didn't know you were in town! It is so nice out except for the hornets...They seem to love our house! Anyways, you are looking so good! You will have to call next time you are in town and we can meet up!

Andrea said...

Awesome! Very cute pictures of the two of you. Your little outdoor adventures look like so much fun! Miss ya!

Erin Dooley said...

I love all your hiking pics!!! Someday when the kids can handle it we want to get back out there with the hiking and the camping. You make it look so easy and fun:)

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Hi you two! Looks like you're doing great!