February 6, 2010

A Boy and A Girl

February 1, 2010 I had my 16 week appointment with the Doctor. I was truly excited about this appointment because it had been 4 week since I been. I know 4 weeks is common for most woman but it was an eternity for me to go without hearing eithor of my babies heart beats.

The doctor and I talked for a while and then he brought the ultra-sound machine in. It was a small tast of heaven seeing both my babies on the screen and seeing two heart beats. The Doctor asked if I wan't to know the sexes becaucse he was willing to try.

I was talking and talking about all of my girl dreams, as the Doctor was playing around and trying to find the bottom of my babies. As he searched I told him all about the baby girl blankets I had make and Leif and I both having baby girl dreams. As I continued on with this one sided conversation Dr. Rosburge then exclaimed, "Well, dreams aren't always true because I see a penis!"

I sat up and and looked at the screen asking asking to to show me. And low and behold.... we have a son. I then layed back down and stated thinking about a little boy to dress and play with. The Doctor was already at the bottom of baby # 2. But baby # 2 wasn't as cooperative and wouldn't let the doctor get the right look. In the end he didn't see any boy parts but was 80% sure it was a girl.

So as of now we have a son and a daughter or 80% chance. Leif and I are so excited to have one of each. What a blessing it will be.

4 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

Yea!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! I think that a boy and a girl would be so much fun as twins! :) I hope the babies are doing well and that you are doing well!!! :) Keep us posted when you know 100% :) Love ya!

Zak and Allysia said...

Yay!!! We got to find out Camden was a boy at 16 weeks too! I had thought we would have all girls before that moment I saw his little boy parts on the ultrasound. What a wonderful blessing to have one of each!

Unknown said...

Congrats Rachel! I went to school with a boy and girl twin and it was so fun because you weren't like which sibling is that! If I had twins that is what I would want! And your belly is super cute! I love reading your updates!!

tatum said...

congratulations!!!! i am excited for you and keeping you in my prayers for a safe pregnancy! are you on facebook? i was going to leave your congrats there. =) anyway, much love to your little family, your a great momma already!