August 2, 2010

Daddy is Gone

Leif left on Saturday (July 31st) for Michigan. He will be doing 3 different rotations over the span of 3 months. Each of his rotations will be in the area of orthopedics, which is what he wants to go into. I am very excited for him to have this wonderful opportunity, but am very sad that he won't be around.
It was harder then I thought saying good-buy. I have always taken for granted that Leif was around for comfort and support. Now I wish that I had played with my friends less and spend more time with Leif. I am going to miss him so so much. As we were saying good-buy I got all teary-eyed. I am already starting to count down the days to when he returns.

So Sunday was my first FULL day of being a single parent. I decided that I better get out or I might go crazy. So I took the babies to church for their first time ever. It was really fun dressing them up in their church clothes. But Micah decided to spit up all over his shirt right before we left. My neighbor and friend, Shelly, rode with me to church and helped out. It is nice having such a great neighbor who is so willing to help. After church the 3 of us took naps, and then we went to a friends for dinner. We ended the day by talking to Daddy on Skpe. 1 day down..... 89 more to go!!!! Just the 3 of us... we miss Daddy

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Wish I could fly over there right now! Hang in there! It will go by fast! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Are you still going to Washington? I forget...Sorry pregnant brain here!! You will do great and he will be back in no time :) If you lived closer I would have you over all the time so unless you road trip it to Arizona I guess I prayer will have to work! You are super mom now!!!!

Mulligan Family said...

You'll do great and if not...the babies will never remember!

Mulligan Family said...

Just kidding-you'll do fine and we can't wait to see you all in the Fall.