March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

For us St. Patrick's Day started off on Friday evening. Some of my friends and I singed up for the Shamrock Run of Largo. It started at 7:00 p.m with live music and lots of green. I had been training for the last couple of weeks and really wanted to do good. My goal was to beet 22 minutes. And I did!!! I came in 1st place for my age group of 25 - 29. My time was 21:51 equaling a 7:03 mile pace. I got a really cool beer mug for my prize along with a Green Award. Leif and the babies came to cheer me on. It was so nice to have them there for moral support. After the run, they served us dinner. It was a really fun night.

This is me after the race with my cheer-leaders.

This is me running down the finish line. I beet the girl in red shorts by 1 sec. The other people are on their first lap. St. Patrick's Day started with me giving Leif a pinch in bed. He didn't sleep with any green on, but he couldn't pinch me back because I had green fingernails!!! We then ate a "Green" breakfast 0r potatoes, eggs and ham. The green milk was my favorite. After breakfast we enjoyed a relaxing morning and then headed over to a friends birthday party. Ayden was turning 2 and his parents threw him an awesome party. They had a great BBQ alone with a blow-up-slide and pool. The twins looked so cute in their "green" swim-suits. They loved playing in the blow up slide and with all of their friends. It was cute to watch them splash each other. Happy St. Pattie's Day and Happy Birthday Ayden.
This is my favorite video. I love how dainty Savannah is and how boy-like Micah is.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good job on your race again Rachel! I miss running with you, and biking, and hanging out, and.... :) Good job Leif for supporting your cute wife!

Andrea said...

WAY to GO Rach!!! That is an amazing time you finished with!!! I'm very impressed!
The girls and I got to pinch Jeremy too....I also had green nails and protected myself...great minds think alike :)
Have a great week! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!