July 18, 2012

Family Reunion 2012

My dear Father planned the FIRST EVER Maughan Family Reunion. Dad rented us condo at Bear Lake, Utah, and all 7 of us children were in attendance.  It was a BLAST.  I loved the lake.  I loved the weather.  I loved the trees.  I loved the smell.  I loved the mountains.  And I loved being with my family. 
Amy and I got there on Monday Night.  We went swimming with the twins, and stayed up late taking with my parents.  Late at night Lori's family along with Cody (Amy's husband) came into town.  Most of Tuesday was spent on the Lake.  We played in the water, suntanned, rented a boat and went tubing.  My mom and I took the twins tubing for their first time ever.  Micah fell asleep in my mom's arms.  It was really funny. And the highlight of that day was meeting L. Tom Perry.  He was there on a family vacation himself.  I shook his hand, and Micah gave him a high-5!  He was a very nice man. 

Wednesday was the 4th of July.  Scott, Seth (KJ's boyfriend), Darryn, and I all ran a "fun run" from Montpelier to Paris ID.  It was a 8.6 mile run.  And I now realize that little towns call 50 people running a race.  They think one water station is sufficient.  They think a man holding a stop watch with a bucket of waters is considered a finish line!!  It was quite an experience.
After the race our family enjoyed a 4th of July Breakfast, choir program, parade, and rodeo.

Here is a picture of the runners
Seth, Scott, Darryn, and ME!!

 


When we came home from Paris, ID we threw a due Baby Shower for both Amy & Josett.  I am so excited for both of my sisters to have baby girls.  I make them both oneise and bibs.  It was a fun shower. 
Thursday was a very interesting & informative day.  My Father called it our Family History Day.  He gave each of us a family-tree going back 4 generations, alone with a scrapbook and pictures.  We then visited each of our ancestors tomb-stones, where we heard a summary of their life and was given a picture.  I gave a talk on my Great-great-great-grandparents Henry & Catherine Worley.  They were both baptized in England and moved to Logan.  IF it wasn't for them... I wouldn't be here today.  It was really a neat experience hearing about our family history.

My Grandparents on my father's side

Peter Maughan (my great-great-great-great Grandpa) who settled Maughan's Fort
Friday-Sunday was when all my cousins from my Dad's side came into town.  It was nice to see Julie's and Steve's kids who I hadn't seen in years.  These 3 days were full of playing in the sun, eating good meals, jet skiing, swimming, and just being together.  On Friday night we had a family-talent show and then on Saturday night we had talks given about my Grandma & Grandpa.  It was a wonderful time.


And of course of Family Reunion wouldn't be complete without family pictures.  We hadn't had family pictures taken with all of us together in years.  These have now become my most favorite pictures.   I was sad that Leif couldn't be in them.






The pictures below start with my oldest sister and goes through all 7 of us kids. All are my sisters except for Mathew (the only boy).










All the cousins on the Maughan side
Thanks for the wonderful trip Mom & Dad.

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh my goodness what a fun vacation! it looks like you had a blast-so fun to be with family!

Josett said...

Great post! I had so much fun at the Maughan family Reunion. I love you and I am so glad you were able to come. xoxox

Kimberly said...

Looks like you had a great time in Utah. I was waiting for you to call me and tell me you won 600 dollars after winning your race :) Next time ;) You have a cute family- and cute kids!