August 20, 2012

Great Saturday

August 18th was a great Saturday.  It started out with a early morning run.  I took the twins in the jogger so Leif could study.  We somehow ran to this awesome park.  It was called Ross Norton Park, it had a lake, playground, tennis courts, base-ball field, pool and splash park.  While we were playing at the park it started to rain. So the twins and I got to run back in the nice-warm-rain.  It was a fun-run.
After getting home I put some pork in the crock-pot and we all (Leif included) went to our gym to lift weights.  The twins love going to the gym with us.  We let them walk on the tread-mills and lifts weights.  They also love watching Disney.  
After cleaning up we headed off to a birthday party for Everest.  He is a little boy in Nursery with the twins.  We had a lot of fun playing & talking with our friends.  It was going to be a pool party but ended up being inside... still raining.
By the time we got home, it was nap time.  The twins went to bad.  I went grocery shopping and got myself a haircut.  Leif studied and worked on his Sunday Lesson.  When I got home the kids were still sleeping so Leif and I read together on the bed, and enjoyed quite time.  
The 4 of us then ate and early dinner (and I didn't have to cook it.. thanks slow-cooker).   Our friends then came over for games.  We played 2 rounds of Settlers-of-Catan, ate ice-cream, and watched our kids play together.  

It was a great day.  What I love about our day is... we didn't go anywhere or spend any money.  You can find so much joy with just the simple things.   Life really is great with family, friends, a good book, and a good run!!!!  

This is Micah and I both with brand new haircuts!!!!


No comments: