September 13, 2012

Random Parties!!!

I have always loved having parties.  While in college I was lucky to live with girls who were party-planners.  Then while still single and teaching in Vancouver, I lived in a house with 2 girls.  Our house became the home that everyone came to.  We threw great parties!!  I loved and still love having groups of people get together.  I love having friends around to laugh with.  And now that my family lives so far away, I truly rely on friends for company and memories. 
In the past months I have thrown so great parties, and wanted to post the pictures because these friends are a huge part of my life now. 
 Sheralyn Marie is a dear friend who found herself a lovely man and got married in July.  She has a boy my kids age and we became great friends.  I was so happy for her when she became engaged, but sad that she was moving to Tenn.  We through her a great Bridal Shower and had lots of laughs.  Coagulations Sheralyn.


Jodi is another dear friends who is having her 3rd baby girl in Oct.  She is naming her new daughter "Rachel"!!!!  I wanted to do something for Jodi, but since it is her 3rd girl, she doesn't need much.  We therefore had a crafty-party.   Friends came over and we scrap-booked, made bows, and made tutu's.  It was a lot of fun, and Jodi went home with lots of "girly things."


making bows adn tutus

At our last Enrichment we learned how to make Home-made-laundry-soap.  They gave us each a sample, I tried it, and I really liked it.  So I decided to have some girls over and make more laundry soap.   It was a great turn out and now we each have soap that will last us a good year!!!

1 comment:

Kierstin said...

We learned how to make laundry soap too, at our RS activity this month! Funny. I've got my list of Fels Naptha, washing soda, and Borax!