
Leif was really sweet to me all day. He kept telling me, "Happy Birthday/Mother's Day". It was a mouthful to say but he said this every hour of so.
My mother sent me a really special note saying that I was her mother's day gift. What a great day mother's day really is. I am thankful for my mother and for the great example she has always been to me. My mother truly is a selfless person and has always made her children her first priority in life. I love you Mom. I also love sacrament meeting on Mother's Day. The talks were very good and the Elders always teach our classes for us. I do admit that it was kind of emotional seeing all the mothers with their children and not having one of my own. I know their are little children in heaven waiting to come down into our family. But I also their their is a son in heaven right now who is wishing me a happy mother's day.
On a lighter note... I told Leif that I wanted him to make me a really sweet card and a cake from scratch for my birthday. (Last year he brought the cake mix over to Kim's house and had her make it!) I had to work at Brovo, since Mother's Day is one of our busiest days of the year. But when I came home that evening, I had my very own rainbow cake with home-make frosting. Leif even put food coloring in the frosting and added red sprinkles to the tops (thanks Shari for helping him!) He was so excited to show me the cake he made. I was surprised at how great it tasted too. Leif is truly a good bakers!!! He also make me a 2-in-1 card. On one side of the card was a sweet birthday card. On the other side was a mother's day card. One of the traditions that Leif and I have always done since we got married is make each other home-made cards. Leif has gotten really creative with his cards. Each card is always unique and special.
This is me and my very own homemade cake and card!!!!!!
Thanks Leif for making my birthday special.


3 comments:
I like your tradition of making home made cards, that is really sweet! That is awesome he made you a cake from scratch, yummy!
Glad you had a great day!
So glad you enjoyed your special holidays! Miss you!
Glad you added the pictures! Your tickers are really cute too!
Post a Comment