
School has been out now for 1 week. I love having my summers off!! It is so nice to get up leisurely and cook a pot of oatmeal. I enjoy running or biking in the morning air. At first I was worried that I wouldn't find enough things to do with my time off. But, that has never been a problem.
If I don't know what to do, I find myself riding my bike to the pool at the YMCA, going swimming in the lap pool and then reading a book. A while back I was introduced to the author Nicholas Sparks. He is the author of "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember" and other sappy love stories. Laying in the sun and reading these stories has become something I look forward to.
Along with reading by the pool, I have also been training for my 1/2 marathon which in coming up shortly. My girlfriend, Krista, and I have been doing our long runs on Saturday mornings. I am getting really excited for the Hospital Hill run and also ready for it to be over. Running has become the filler in my life. I forgot how good it feels put on your running shoes with no watch on your arm and just RUN. When I run, my problems are left at home and my mind becomes open to new ideas.
As you can tell, the start of my summer has been great. Leif on the other hand has been studying day and night for his boards coming up. He is taking the USMLE on Tuesday and the COMLEX on Friday. He is very diligent in his studying and I love him for it. We do get to see each other every night, and I love these times. He is such a hard worker and I love him for it.
If I don't know what to do, I find myself riding my bike to the pool at the YMCA, going swimming in the lap pool and then reading a book. A while back I was introduced to the author Nicholas Sparks. He is the author of "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember" and other sappy love stories. Laying in the sun and reading these stories has become something I look forward to.
Along with reading by the pool, I have also been training for my 1/2 marathon which in coming up shortly. My girlfriend, Krista, and I have been doing our long runs on Saturday mornings. I am getting really excited for the Hospital Hill run and also ready for it to be over. Running has become the filler in my life. I forgot how good it feels put on your running shoes with no watch on your arm and just RUN. When I run, my problems are left at home and my mind becomes open to new ideas.
As you can tell, the start of my summer has been great. Leif on the other hand has been studying day and night for his boards coming up. He is taking the USMLE on Tuesday and the COMLEX on Friday. He is very diligent in his studying and I love him for it. We do get to see each other every night, and I love these times. He is such a hard worker and I love him for it.
2 comments:
Good luck on your 1/2 marathon! Don't forget to tell us all about it! Remember to go potty before you start!!!
Gosh Rach you are keeping so busy! I also love the feeling of getting the running shoes on and hitting the road for miles and miles of endless thinking! You HAVE to write about how you did and if you would do it again...Ryan did my post for the 1/2 marathon but I think if we aren't prego next year I will do it again...Now that I know that course and it is awesome to have someone to run with as long as you keep the same pace! Tell Leif good luck and so what is next for you guys??
Post a Comment