July 21, 2009
My sister Amy and I took what we now call a 2 week ghetto road trip. We called it a ghetto road trip because everything we used was borrowed. And the only food we brought was cans of soups and granola bars. We piled everything into Amy's little Nissan and headed out. We had 5 main stops along the way. First we stopped at Zions National Park, Lake Mead, Mathew's house, Channel Island National Park, Lori's house, and Yosemite. We had a blast together, starting with 2 days in Provo.



The first stop on our ghetto camping trip was Zion's National Park. While in Zion's we hiked Angle's Landing along with Weeping Rock. The weather was perfect along with the company. The ghetto park came when we ate dinner. While everyone was eating a well cooked dinner we made a fire and placed one can of soup on top. I have never tasted a better can of soup. After dinner we swam in the Virgin River as a substitute for our shower. We then went to a Ranger Show and slept in our borrowed tent. 

Our fast but fun 2 hour stop in Las Vagas!!!!
We then stopped at Lake Mead, and only because it was on the way. Amy and I didn't understand why we were one of the only people camping. Now I realize why.... It was HOT!! Amy and I swam in that dirty lake all day, not because we wanting to but because when we got out we were sweating of heat. I have never been in a place more hot. We slept under the stars, not because we wanted to but because it was way to hot in the tent. We did hike but not until it was 8:00 p.m. and we did see the Hover Dam.

Amy and I then drove to Mathew & Daryn's house in Southern California. They were both wonderful host and we had a blast. My favorite thing was boggy boarding on the beach. It was fun except for my late sunburn. 

My new favorite National Park is.... Channel Island National Park. It is a chain of 5 islands of the coast of central California. They only allow 100 people or less onto this island at a time, and the only way to get there is by carter boat. While on the island Amy and I went hiking, snorkeling, kayaking and even saw a pod of dolphins. This is one island I truly would love to visit again. 


After the visit to the Island Amy and I drove 5 hours over to Lori's house. Lori and Mike currently live in Walnut Creek, California and have 4 beautiful daughters. We had a lot of fun swimming, watching movies, playing and just being together.




Our last stop was to Yoesimite National Park. Amy and I did one main hike up to Navada Falls. We ended up hiking past 2 waterfalls and 2 emerald pools. In the end we hiked 4 miles in 5 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like you had a blast! So...are you home now? If you are...call me!
Wow! It looks like you packed a ton of fun into those 2 weeks! I'm glad you had a safe trip. See you soon!
SO envious! Looks like a lot of fun! Miss you!
Wow, what a great trip and obviously great times with your sister!
Man you are having so much fun I am so jealous! I can barely convince Ryan to go to Seattle for the kids to go to the zoo! But he is a week and a half away from his triathlon so we are focusing on that right now! Your family is so cute and it is crazy that Matthew is married...WOW! Seems like the last couple months you have been so busy with such great friends! We miss you guys and hope you visit soon and stay until midnight again!!
Was that climbing in Red Rock, NV? I haven't been, but we're going there in Sept! What a fun trip. I'm so glad to see you're enjoying your Med School years together!
Post a Comment