April 28, 2010

Leif's Birthday

On April 24th, my sweet husband turned 31. He hates me making a big deal of his birthdays and he hates surprises. So, I did what any wife would do... threw him a surprise birthday party!!!
Friday night I told Leif that he was mine at 5:30 and that was final. In his room I placed a birthday note with instructions attached to an outfit he had to wear, a blindfold he had to put on, and a sign that read "Birthday Boy" which somehow never got around his neck. After he put on his outfit, I make him get into our car and place the blind fold over his eyes. He was a good sport about the blind-fold, but kept on peeking during the whole drive. So, I drove him in circles for being such a bad sport!!
In the end our car pulled up to a near-by park. Five of our close friends were already there waiting to surprise my honey. Leif saw them before we got out of the car, but I believe he was surprised deep down inside. In the end we had a great time talking, eating, and just hanging out. Thanks Jessie for cooking all the hamburgers. And thanks Kaus, Shepards, Washburns, Bakers, and MaClintoks for all coming.
On Leif's real birthday I had planned to have a romantic picnic before we went to a stake play. But it rained all day so I had to improvise. Our picnic blanket was therefor placed across the living room floor with plastic plants and cups. Leif had no idea that when I asked him to come down for lunch we were going to have a picnic!. We ate homemade chicken-noodle-soup, with home make egg-noodles, homemade rolls, juice and strawberries (his favorite fruit).
I then gave Leif his present. He got a letter and 2 shirts from me. Our twins also got him a gift. They both wrote him a note and gave him a outfit for themselves. Happy 31st my sweet husband.


No comments: