Our fun started on Christmas Eve. The babies and I went for a long bike-ride, while Leif worked out. We then got ourselves ready for Christmas Eve by making Santa Sugar Cookies. Savannah and Micah truly loved decorating along with eating spoonfuls of frosting!!! The end looked like real modern art.

Our new family tradition is Pajama Pant!!! Each year Leif buys me pajama pants and I buy him a pair. It's fun to see what we pick out for each other. And this year my sister go the twins a pair of Santa Pajamas. We each have a Christmas Tin for our PJ's and we get to open it on Christmas Eve. We then read the Nativity from Luke and use little figurines to act it out. As a night song we sing Away in a Manger and then fall asleep in our new PJ's.


We let them each open one present (a purse and a truck) before having a nice breakfast of Waffles, strawberries, whip cream and eggs. Both Savannah and Micah insisted on eating with their new toys, and wouldn't let go! We then opened our stockings and presents. It was so fun watching the twins get excited about each present. They loved the excitement and we loved watching them.




We then went to Church and had a really nice service. After church the twins took a nap while Leif and I enjoyed ourselves. After naps we headed over to the Reese's Home for Christmas Dinner. We had a really nice Turkey Dinner with mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad, pees, rolls, and blackberry pie. After dinner Jefra gave Micah a Christmas Haircut. We then talked, ate pie and enjoyed ourselves, while the kids played well together (look at the attached picture). It is really nice to have friends, when family is not around. Jefra has become a really dear friend who is willing to do anything with me. I appreciate her friendship.



On the day after Christmas we played with our toys!!! We even went to the park with "the red wagon". Leif pulled the wagon all around the tennis court and the kids loved it. Leif and I then played a match in tennis with the kids as our ball-girl/boy. After tennis we took them to the park and played until nap time. While the kids slept Leif and I watch a movie (Takers) and then enjoyed our Christmas Meal all over again.
On the day after-after-Christmas (Dec 27th) we used our museum pass and went to the John & Mable Ringling Museum along with the G-Wiz Museum in Sarasota. The Ringling Museum was awesome!!! John Ringling had an Estate with his Mansion, rose garden, secret garden, and art gallery. There was also a building with original cages for animal, train, posters, and photos. There was a huge tent full of fun circus memorabilia/videos. There was a miniature figurine exhibit of a train circus. There really was a lot to do. The kids had a lot of fun running around Estate. I learned a lot about circus in the 1930's and would have loved to see a show back then. ( Oh the G-Wiz children's museum was fun too).



On the day after-after-after-Christmas (Leif's last day off) we relaxed! The kids and I went to story time at the library in the morning. After naps Leif and I use one of our Gift Cards and went on a REAL DATE (meaning without the kids) to Red Lobster. It was really good food. We didn't order dessert, but got a gallon of ice-cream from the store. After the kids went to bed we watch The Help and ate our ice-cream. It was a nice and relaxing day.
5 comments:
LOL, I was just telling Ryan tonight that it was a good thing Rachel had a friend like me to go along with all of her ideas. Actually I love it! My life would be so boring without you!
I loved spending time with your whole family and I think we need to play more often!
Looks like you had a great Christmas! So glad you have friends there to celebrate with since you couldn't be with family. And wow - how tan are you in December? Kinda jealous of that! :) Happy New Year!
Love it Rachel! You sure know how to party and stay busy!!!!!!
What a fun five days of Christmas! I am so glad you had fun even though you weren't with family. Happy new year!
Sounds like a great Christmas season...yes, I peeked at the pictures a few days, but just now got to reading about them.
We missed you guys SO much! We thought of you often...Jeremy wants me to check out airfare for just him and I....hopefully we can come see you soon...hope thats okay ;)
Post a Comment