Today my little Kaden would be 3 years old. Happy Birthday Son. I never thought that Kaden's death date would be a time of celebration, but it is. It has become a day where we think of Kaden, verbally pray for Kaden, and have a party for Kaden. It has become a fun day. I day to remember him and enjoy our family.
For his last 2 birthdays I have made a special cake for Kaden. It has now become our little tradition and one that everyone enjoys. Today I made a birthday cake in the shape of a giraffe. (I thought Kaden would like a giraffe.) I then took the twins to the store and we bought balloons, hats, and blow toys. We set up the dinner table so everyone had a blow toy and hat. Balloons were spread throughout the front room and the twins had so much fun playing with them. When Leif came home we ate dinner, sang Happy Birthday, and blew our horns. Savannah & Micah both got their own piece of cake and loved it (the picture belows show that) I showed the twins pictures of their brother. Savannah pointed to Kaden's pictures and said, "Baby".
For his last 2 birthdays I have made a special cake for Kaden. It has now become our little tradition and one that everyone enjoys. Today I made a birthday cake in the shape of a giraffe. (I thought Kaden would like a giraffe.) I then took the twins to the store and we bought balloons, hats, and blow toys. We set up the dinner table so everyone had a blow toy and hat. Balloons were spread throughout the front room and the twins had so much fun playing with them. When Leif came home we ate dinner, sang Happy Birthday, and blew our horns. Savannah & Micah both got their own piece of cake and loved it (the picture belows show that) I showed the twins pictures of their brother. Savannah pointed to Kaden's pictures and said, "Baby".
His special cake
Our Family Party
Kaden, I love you and miss you. I can't wait to see you again. I can't wait to raise you in Heaven. Happy Birthday Son.
6 comments:
Wow, he would be 3? Time sure goes on. Happy Birthday, Kaden!
Wow, it's been 3 years! Crazy! I love all your posts and love the little giraffe cake. It's funny that you are still tan and will be for 2 1/2 more years :) Happy New Year and good luck on your goals!
I can't believe its been 3 years! And what a cute cake! I think its awesome you make this a special memory and tradition for your family. Happy Birthday Kaden!
I LOVE that you do a party and I LOVE your cake!!! Good job Momma! This is why Blogs are so nice. You and Leif have a wonderful family <3
Happy birthday sweet Kaden! The cake turned out cute!
so sweet and so sad and so fun and, as usual, thoughtful
Post a Comment