February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

For Valentines Day 2009, Leif and I were going to go out to Brio and have a nice Italian meal. But after I worked on Friday night, and experienced the huge wait, we decided that it would be best if we didn't go out to eat. So instead we thought it would be best to make ourselves a wonderfully delicious homemade meal and enjoy ourselves at home.
Leif looked through my cookbook and found a meal that he wanted to make. It was call, Cajun Stake Delight. I went and bought all the ingredients and we had a wonderful time making dinner. Leif made sure that we followed the directions, up to measuring each teaspoon! That is something I am not use to doing! And, it turned out wonderful. We enjoyed a full meal of Stake Delight, potatoes with green beans, french bread, cranberry juice and brownies with ice-cream for dessert.
After dinner we exchanged homemade Valentines Cards. It how now become a tradition that we always make each other our cards. We know have quite an array. Happy Valentines Day.

Happy Valentines Day! I love you Leif.

1 comment:

Melissa Bitton said...

You two are cute! Good idea to stay home and cook together!