November 22, 2010

Home Again

We have been home in Kansas City for 2 weeks now. The first week was difficult. I would hear a baby cry and realize that my mom wasn't here to help anymore. I was not use to changing 2 diaper, feeding 2 mouths, washing 2 bodies, and rocking 2 babies. It really really was nice to have the help of family members back in Washington.
The first thing I did when we got home was try to put the babies on a schedule. But Micah and Savannah are really turning into individual people. Micah takes cat-naps throughout the day and Savannah will take one LONG nap in the afternoon (3 hours long). Savannah loves solid food and Micah gets frustrated when he sees a spoon. Savannah wants to drink every 3 hours and Micah could eat every 30 minutes if I let him. I feel like they are never asleep at the same time!! So I never get to sleep! But then I do enjoy my one-on-one time with each baby.
All-in-all it is nice being back in Kansas City and being together as a family. Leif works most days until 6:00. He comes home and we eat dinner and then play together as a family. My favorite part of the day is getting the kids ready for bed (with Leif) and then tucking them in. They are so sweet when they sleep. And then I love to sleep too.

1 comment:

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Oh hang in there. That is good to have one on one time, but you need your sleep too! Sooner than you think the will be on the same schedule!