For lunch we went to an Assisted Living Home with my friend Maribel & her boy DJ. There we passed out Hersey Kisses to all the elderly who were eating lunch. Micah & Savannah did a great job handing out the kisses to each resident. Micah got the hang of it real fast and gave some residents 2-3 kisses. Savannah got interested in the bracelets and rings the ladies wore, and became an admirer. And the residents loved our babies. In the end with left with 35 cents, lots of heart candies, and some M&M's. It was a fun morning of service.
After the Assisted Home the kids napped, and I started prepping dinner. We then went to a Valentine's Party at the library. They had a puppet show that the twins' LOVED. Instead of making crafts they wanted to continue watching the puppet. (But we did make Daddy a card) Then Daddy came home. He was excited to see his Valentine's Surprise. For his surprise, I dusted (which I never do) and I made us a real fancy dinner (which I never do).
For dinner we had; Old-Fashioned Swiss Steak,Colorful Oven Vegetables, Herbed Garlic Red-Potatoes, Rolls, Sparkling Cider, and a Cherry Blueberry Pie w/ Ice-Cream. I was so happy because everything turned out great. Leif & the twins loved it too. Leif and I then put the babies to bed and had some cuddle-time. It was a wonderful Valentine's Day 2012.


2 comments:
girl, you never stop!!! I am tired from reading it!
:)
Good job, Rachel. Miss you guys.
p.s. I love that Savannah admired all the jewelry/rings etc at the Assisted Living Home. That is so cute!!!!!
Your food looks impressive!
Post a Comment