April 1, 2012

More Prayer

Each night our little family has a bedtime routine. We first read books. Then we sing a "prayer song". After the "prayer song" we tell the kids it fold their arms and close their eyes. Leif or I then says the prayer.
Savannah has always done a great job of folding her arms and squinting her eyes. Micah normally continues looking at his books or plays with his cars. But tonight was a turning point for sweet Micah.

Micah folded his arms & closed his eyes. I was secretly watching him. He opened his eyes and looked at Savannah. When he noticed that her eyes were closed, he closed his again. He then looked at Daddy and Mommy, and again closed his eyes real tight.
After the prayer Leif and I praised him for praying correctly. He loved the praise and then said, "More".
I said, "Do you want more prayer?"
He folded his arms and closed his eyes as if to say "Yes".
So we said another prayer.
After our second prayer we prised Micah again (and Savannah too). In response Micah put his fingers together and said, "More."
We said a third pray. Micah again looked at us and said, "More."
We said a forth pray. Micah again said more, but we thougth 4 prayers were enough.

Micah loved it. Micah folded his arms and closed his eyes for all 4 prayers.

I loved watching how pleased Micah was with himself. He understood prayer. He is such a sweet, and smart little man.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing! Great job sweet Micah and Savannah....and mom and dad! You are a great example to us all ;)

Amy said...

so sweet and so glad you documented that! what a special cute story!
i have also noticed you have been a reading machine lately on your reading blog! where do you find the time??