January 5, 2009

Our Baby Went to Live with Jesus

Our son Kaden Leif Kanooth, is now in heaven. Leif and I found out December 30th that our baby is no longer living inside of me. My Father gave me an ultrasound while in Spokane and with tears in his eyes told me that our son had gone. Kaden had left for heaven sometime before Christmas to be with Heavenly Father. We don't know why he didn't make it into this Earth life. But Leif and I think it is because Kaden was a very special young man. In fact, he was so special that Jesus wanted him back in his presence. His mission on this Earth was just to get a body. I am blessed to have carried him for a few month. I am honored to be his earthly mother. I am privileged to know that I am still a mother. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity of pre-motherhood for these couple of months.

Kaden, know that your eartly parents loved you and will always remember the short time we had with you. You blessed our lives for these short months, and I am sure you will bless more spirits in heaven. Your parents were both righteous people who love the Lord. We know you love the Lord as well. We can't wait to meet you and raise you in heaven.

9 comments:

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

Rachel, I am soooo so sorry! I want to cry! My heart goes out to you and your husband! And I totally believe that you are right. I had a baby brother pass away while he was sleeping on my chest, and I honestly believe that babies who don't spend as much time here on earth are very righteous, and special and are here to recieve a body and then continue on with an AMAZING work up with our Heavenly Father! Please let me know how I can help you. You are in our prayers!!

Brandi Hastings said...

You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers. Your strength really inspires me. Let us know if you need anything or even just company. Love ya guys!

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

Rachel & Leif, my heart completely goes out to you. I admire your positivity and strength! What an experience to go through. Every experience wonderful or hard is such a gift from god, always so much to learn and grow from. I can feel Kaden's love from you both, what a very lucky little boy. You are both in my thoughts, love you!!

Unknown said...

Rachel I had no idea...I feel like such a bad friend...I had no idea what you were having or that anything was wrong! I am going to call you this weekend...I truly believe with all of my heart that those babies who come just to receive a body are so righteous and that says so much about you and Leif and how you are living your life that you are blessed with that opportunity and you are so strong! I would be an absolute wreck and be so miserable but you have ALWAYS been one of my strongest friends! I am going to call you!

Melissa Bitton said...

Oh Rachel and Leif, I'm so sad to hear the news. You've left a beautiful tribute to little Kaden and I wish you peace and comfort as you work through this time in your family. My prayers are with you.

McAtee Family said...

Rachel - you are an inspiration to me and an example of what faith looks like. You and your family have been in my prayers this week. My heart aches for you and Leif, but I truly believe that little Kaden is one of the strongest spirits and that our Heavenly Father needed him in heaven to fight the good fight. Even with this knowledge, I know you will still ache for your little baby boy to be in your arms. If there is anything I can do to help ease this pain, please let me know. I can make a mean chocolate chip cookie :) I also have a great shoulder to cry on and a whole slew of movies to make you laugh and smile!

tatum said...

oh rachel, i am so sorry. i have been peaking in on your blog every now and then. this breaks my heart so much for you, and makes me cry. i don't even know what to say except you are a very special person to be able to be so positive about this, what a hard thing to have to go through. you have a good family and i know they will rally around you and your husband looks so nice too. you are already and will be to other a great mother. love you much, tatum

Black Family said...

It was so good to talk to you the other night Rachel. It was a feeling long awaited to be able to talk to a close friend who had gone through the same trial. I believe it is so true that this is a special trial..one that many of our prophets have experienced....you are such a strong girl and It was inspiring to talk to you and hear that strength. It was so special the other night as we were saying our prayers to hear Jake pray for you and Leif...
I never knew that this trial would bring us even closer....in a way I never thought possible. I know you both are experiencing this right now.... it hurts our hearts so badly but at the same time brings great blessings and beauty to our lives that only the ones who experience it can understand. I know with out a doubt your little one is teaching those on the other side about the gospel and those on the other side loved him so much too... and welcomed him back with open arms.
I love you Rachel!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel- I was so inspired by your testimony on Sunday and by reading this... My heart aches for you and Leif but you are absolutely right. Kaden is in Heaven now doing a great work,smiling down on his righteous parents. You have been so optimistic and strong through this trial and I am in awe of you. You have been in our prayers!!!-Trent & Linds