July 6, 2010

Everything happens at once

I feel so overwhelmed right now that I can't even imagine what will happen when the babies come home. When people say everything happens at once it's true!! In the last 35 days I quite my job, gave birth to premature babies, made multiple trips to the NICE, woke myself up to pump every 3 hours, had both sets of parents and a sister visit (but they were all great help), packed up our house and cleaned it, moved, unpacked and organized our new house, put together a baby room, got a kidney stone, got mastitis, got an absest, got MRSA, had to have surgery and get the absest cut out, then had to pump and dump, and still tried to be a wife, mother, daughter and friend.
Throughout all of this craziness poor Leif has been studying for the most important test of his life.. Boards. He goes to work every day, visits our babies beforehand, comes home to study, deals with me and all my medical problems, then makse sure the move went well and do tons of address changes. I am so very proud of him for keeping his head on straight and not going crazy like me!!

2 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd checked out your blog because I had no idea that your twins had already been born. I am so glad to know that all went well and that they are home! What a miracle!

So I guess this means you are too busy now to try to learn how to knit????? :-)

McAtee Family said...

Hang in there - pumping and dumping is no fun, but it can work out for you. I had to have my gallbladder out when Sophie was 3 weeks and had to pump n dump for 12 days - she eventually got back to nursing full time. It was just an adjustment for both of us!!

Sorry about the mastitis - painful!!