Being a stay at home mom is a lot different then I thought. I thought I was going to be this super mom who would have a clean home, cook new meals every night, work out, dress cute, and still have a social life. Well, my life is now completely changed!! My house is a mess. The baby's room smells like poppy diapers and breast milk. I haven't made a home cooked meal in 2 weeks. I try to sleep every chance I get. Every 3 hours I am feeding babies, burping, changing diapers, and rocking them back to sleep. That process will take about 1 hour, and I do it 8 times a day. I am so overwhelmed with babies that it is hard to have anytime for myself.
Sometimes I just want to quite, but then I look at these precious little babies and know how much they depend on me. They are God's little children who he has entrusted to my care. I have a new job and it is a lot of work and sacrifice. Being a mother is selfless. But it also has a lot of rewards.
I know have such a respect for all the stay at home mothers in our ward. It is somthing you can never understand until you are one.
8 comments:
cannot imagine with twins...i felt that way and only have had one at a time....i can barely find time to read my scriptures every day....it is hard but the older they get the easier it gets...and it gets way more fun....they go longer between feeds so you can do more!
Oh you can do it! It is amazing what we can do when we think of Heavenly Father and his children that he trusts us to bring back to him. I love it!
It is so true! When I first brought my twins home I thought I was done for! It does get better I promise:) I can send you the sleeping schedule my doctor put my girls on when they were 4 months where they slept through the night and took 5 hours of naps during the day. Let me know if you want it. erin_p_dooley@yahoo.com
I love you Rachel! Your babies are so beautiful. I need to come over and hold them. Sam did an awesome job with your pictures. Being a mom really is the best thing in the world; not easy though- your right you never know how it is until you experience it:)
OK so here is my comment on everything! Love the pictures! Your babies are growing so fast! And life does get better...You do find time to clean but you have double duty with pumping, feedings(2), diapers times 2 and laundry times 2!! That is a lot! I am sure you are doing a wonderful job!!
so true about not understanding all the mom chores until you are a mom! Just take it day by day, there will always be cleaning and cooking to be done, but your babies are only little for a short time. Soak it all up! And don't forget to take a time-out for mom once in awhile!
Ha! I know what you mean - I had all sorts of visions in my head of how it would be perfect and I would love every single minute of it. It has been a year since I quit working and I am just now getting the hang of the whole stay at home thing. It is a whole lotta work and there are days that I want to give up and hide under a pillow (some days I do if only just for 15 minutes).
Hang in there - the amount of change is huge but I promise you will eventually adjust. Just remember, even with poopy diapers piled up, breast milk staining your shirt, dishes still sitting in the sink and dust all around - your job right now is to love your babies. Hold them, snuggle them, kiss them, nap with them.
Hang in there, Rachel. It will get easier as they get bigger and then you'll wonder how all these crazy times went by so quickly. Your babies are so precious. I love all the pictures and am so happy to see you all looking so well! However - I do have to say with school starting in just a few weeks that we will miss you!
Post a Comment