At the hospital, the first thing I got was an fluid IV and pain medication. Thank heavens for pain meds. The pain was nothing like I had ever felt before. I was being so mean to the nurses and Leif as my pain increased. Leif was holding my hand and trying to help me breath, but I kept telling him he was doing it wrong. After a while I found myself crying like a little baby. I have heard it said that a Kidney stone hurts worse then labor. Now because I was in labor 3 weeks ago, it is easy for me to compare. And I can most defiantly say that Kidney Stones are WAY worse than labor.
I had a CT scan done but the doctor said that they couldn't see a Kidney Stone. They told me I might have already pass one, or it could have been too small to see. In the end they gave me a lot of pain medications and sent me home. We picked up my medications at CVS and headed off for home. At home I went right to sleep and didn't awake until noon Father's Day.
Now, I know this post is entitled Father's Day, and I had every intention on making Leif have a greatest Father's Day. But things don't always work out the way you want. My plan was to make Leif a great breakfast in bed with lots of cuddles, and a nice Sunday service. Instead I slept in until noon with pain medication next to the bed, wouldn't let Leif touch me, and never went to church.
But the day did get better as I started feeling better. Leif's parents came into town Sunday afternoon. We picked them up for the airport and headed right to the NICU. Our babies are both starting to take oral feedings, and we got there right before their feeding times. I was feeling so crappy that I sat in the corner. This led to Leif getting and giving all the attention to our babies. Leif started feeding Micah and then the nurse just placed Savannah in his other arm. This was Daddy's first time holding both babies at once It was also the first time that Grandma and Grandpa got to see the babies. I know Leif liked it holding both babies, because I asked him if he was ready to go and he replied, "5 more minutes." I was so cute watching him hold both Micah and Savannah. And it was a great Father's Day gift from them.... Love and Attention.
Happy Father's Day Leif, you are truly a wonderful Father.
2 comments:
Rachel! I am glad you are feeling better it sounds like and if not I hope that you pass that thing! I had after Cooper and it IS worse than labor! I am glad you have more family in town and that your babies are doing great!
Yuck! I'm glad you're feeling better. I actually had kidney stones while I was pregnant with Mia. So unpleasant.
And I bet Leif did have a fantastic Father's Day just holding close your sweet babies. :)
Post a Comment