June 18, 2010

Sister Visit

On June 10th, my sweet sister flew up to visit me. We thought that I would be delivering this week and our week would be full of post-delivery activities. But she came out right after my 2 week check-up and I was feeling great!!! We therefore did one adventure each day and spent the rest of our day at the NICU. Lori had never been to Kansas City before so our adventures included; going to Liberty Jail, Liberty Square, Jesse James Bank, Nelson Museums, RLDS temple, Church of Christ Temple Lot, Zona Rosa, taking walks and just hanging out together.
It was a lot of fun to have Lori and little Macy here. Leif and I got a small taste of what living with a one year old will be like. We also got spoiled with Lori's dinners and cookies. She is a really good cook and I learned a lot of new recipes. She also make us cookies 2 different times, in which we finished both sets.
Besides her cookies, having someone to go to the NICU with was also a treat. My favorite thing to do is hold both my babies. And my next favorite thing to do is talk with a family member. So I got to do both each day!! Lori also took some really good pictures of both babies together with Mommy. It was so much fun to have her and Macy here.
Lori, Rachel and the twins
Aunt Lori with her niece and nephew
Us at the Jesse James Museum
Us in front of Monet
Liberty Jail RLDS temple
Mommy and baby
Mommy and baby
Uncle and Little Niece

No comments: