Today she told me (not asked) that I was going to hold both babies together. I was very nervous. But I was also very excited. Carmon had me walk Savannah over to her brother's room. Then she placed Savannah vertical over my left breast. Micah was then placed over my right breast. And it was the best feeling in the world. For the last week and a half I have been holding them individually. Holding them together made me realize that I really to have "twins". I have two babies!! I have beautiful twins!! Micah kept his little eyes open for 5 minutes just staring at his sister. When one baby would move the other one would copy. I placed their little hands on top of each other and they just left there. It was the best feeling in the whole world to hold them together.
I know I have only been a mother for 12 days, but I am starting to understand a "mother's love." I have uncontrollable love for my babies when I hold them and look at them. They are perfect to me in every way.

7 comments:
That is the sweetest experience. There really is nothing like a mother's love, sibling love,and I'm sure the love of siblings who grew together inside you. Congratulations!
How awesome!! I can not even imagine the experience - so happy for you and glad you have a nurse who knows what it is like and made sure you got to experience it!
It makes me so happy to read this! I'm even crying in my postpartum hormonal craziness! I hope you are feeling well. I tried to call you back but you weren't home the other night. Give me a call!
I am so happy for you! Congrats on the little bundles - glad you had an awesome nurse - makes all the difference in the world!!
uncontrollable love. what a great explanation of how we feel about our babies. I am just so happy for those babies, they sure have an amazing mother.
I am so happy to hear that! We are so happy for you guys. We really can't wait to see the little ones. Congrat's guys!
I am so happy for you...Savannah and Micah must have loves that. What a sweet experience...thanks for sharing! Wish I was there!!!
Post a Comment