June 8, 2010

One week old

Today is June 2nd and my babies are one week old. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. On Saturday Leif and I came home from the hospital, alone. It was the weirdest feeling not bringing my babies home. It felt like I worked so hard and then left my gold metal at the hospital. Being a mother is not what I expected, every day Leif and I have visited our little ones in the NICU. We get to gi into the NICU anytime and stay as long as we want. The nurses are so sweet and a huge blessing. They are each such kind and caring woman who love my babies almost as much as I do. Today I brought in Hershey hugs and kisses with a note attached from Micah and Savannah saying "thanks". One nurse even went in and thanked them for the yummy treats.

Savannah is now 3 lbs 10 oz. She is breathing room are and drinking 16 cc of my breast milk through a tube in her nose. When I walk into the room she opens her dark little eyes and tries to communicate with me. Evey time I look at her my love just grows. I love holding her tiny body and rubbing her little head. She is beautiful to me in every way.

Micah is now 3 lbs flat. Yes he has lost weight but has grown in so many other ways. He is now drinking 6 cc of milk through his nose tube. He also just started breathing room air. Today he got a mid-line put into his right arm so the one in his belly button was taken out. He is starting to look a lot more peaceful and is therefore sleeping more. And the more he sleeps the faster he will grow!! I got to hold Micah for the first time yesterday. It felt so great!!! Micah looks just like his father. His hair is starting to turn a little red and his nose is a exact copy of Lief's. I see so much of Lief in him, and that makes me love both of my boys even more.

No comments: