September 21, 2010

Air Plane Ride

On September 8th at 5:50 p.m the twins and I left from Kansas City to Spokane, Washington. We are going to spending 6 weeks in Spokane with my parents and 2 weeks in Vancouver with Leif's parents. I am looking forward to having extra help with the babies. It will be nice to have extra hands with diapers, feedings, and loves. But I wasn't excited for the plane ride with both of my babies and myself. There are so many horrible stories about babies ears popping and crying the whole plane ride. And I remember being on airplanes with crying babies; it isn't very fun.

As we were getting on the plane a really nice lady asked if I needed any help. I accepted and she ended up holding and feeding Micah as the plane was going off. I feed Savannah as the plane went off and therefore neither of their ears popped. Both my babies were awake for most of the flight, but didn't cry at all.

We landed in Denver and I had both twins play on a blanket. I didn't find anyone to help me on the second leg of our trip, but they both slept the whole time and didn't even wake up when we landed. I was so proud of myself and both babies for doing so good on their first airplane ride ever.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I was just thinking of you the other day & wondering how your travels went. So glad the babies didn't have any troubles!

Erin Dooley said...

I'm so happy that your flight went well. You are such a wonderful mom and good advice even though I rarely use it; when you have twins...accept help! It makes life just a little easier. So good for you:)