Leif flew in on Saturday (Aug 28th) afternoon. The babies and I were so excited to pick him up. I dressed both Micah and Savannah with oneises that said how much they loved their Daddy. We then stood outside the gate to surprise Leif as he got off the plane. Leif truly was surprised to see how much the babies had grown. And he loved their outfits.
Sunday and Monday we relaxed at home. We played with Micah and Savannah most the day and enjoyed each others company. It was great having other person at home to help with diapers, feeding, bad time and cries. Both Savannah and Micah would cuddle up with their Daddy anytime. Both the twins are starting to smile, hold up their heads, and focus their eyes. It really was a great time for Daddy to come home for a visit.
For the rest of the week, we kept ourselves busy in between feeding times. The family went to Shatto farm where we saw how they processed milk. I got to milk a cow and we sampled all different flavors of milk. They had banana, root beer, orange, strawberry, and chocolate milk for us to sample. I learned that Mommy cows can get mastitis, and could relate to that!!
After the farm, we drove over to Saint Joseph and went to The Glore Psychiatric Museum. The Museum uses full-sized replicas, interactive displays, artifacts, and documents to illustrate the history of the treatment of mental illness. The museum is recognized as “one of the 50 most unusual Museums in the country.” It is also featured in the book “1,000 Places to See Before You Die in the USA and Canada.” And I would totally recommend it to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment