Where we were in Richmond we visited the monument of Oliver Cawdery. I say monument because Oliver Cawdery never felt worthy for a tomb stone. Each side of the monument talks about each of the 4 witnesses (including Joseph Smith) of the Book of Mormon. While visiting the monument we all had a nice picnic and then went to visit the rest of Richmond. We saw the site where Joseph Smile rebuked the guards. We saw the site of Martin Harris' home. We saw the courthouse with a statue of Alexander Doniphan. We saw the words written, "Obedience to the Law is Freedom" across the top. We enjoyed seeing all the sites Richmond had to offer.
us at the court house
We then went to Adam-Ondi-Ahman were we got to visit our dear son Kaden's resting spot. It had been a while since we had been there so the vegetation had changed. It therefore took some time before Leif and I found the rock that he was buried under. Next to his rock was a larger rock with the words, "Marry Me" written on it. (It really is a special spot.)
The day before I had bought a flower to plant next to his resting spot. I knew this would be the last time we would visit him, and I wanted Kaden to have a permanent gift from us. I wanted Kaden to always remember that his parents love him. I pray this flower will continue to grow just like our love for our first son.
Right after Leif planted the flower it started to rain, and showered for a short 2-3 minutes. I believe that this was God's way of acknowledging our flower and giving it some rain to help the roots start growing. I believe that Kaden knew we were there. He was grateful for his flower and grateful for our visit.
After the flower was planted we took some family pictures by Kaden's resting spot. This is now my favorite picture because it has all 5 of us. I believe Kaden was with us during this picture. I know Kaden is aware of us. I know Kaden will be with our family in the next life. There was such a peaceful feeling sitting next to his resting spot. I love my 3 children.
While at Kaden's site a very special moment happened. I was holding sweet Savannah and whispered in her ear, "Say... I love Kaden."
In her sweet little voice Savannah said, "I wuve Aven".
I then whispered in her ear, "Say... I love my brother."
He soft baby voice replayed, "I wuve by verer."
She knew she was talking about her big brother. I felt her love for Kaden. I felt the spirit. I felt Kaden's love. I love my 3 children.
Kaden's Flower
1 comment:
Rachel When I went to Rexburg right after Mat's graduation, Mother told me the story about sweet Savannah. I had to go back and read it. What an amazing story and memory. Babies are so close to the spirit. I think that picture of all 5 of you is now my new favorite as well. I love you Rachel!
Love Josett
Post a Comment