May 13, 2011

My Birthday / Mother's Day

Tuesday May 10th was my 29th birthday. I had a very fun & exciting birthday. It started out at 8:00 a.m. when I opened my front door and found a decorated door done by my neighbor. Thanks Shelly for the fun decorations.


On my birthday I had a sub job at the gifted school, teaching 5th graders. Teaching the gifted was A LOT different from my previous job as a special education teacher. For 1/2 the day we played brain games including chess where I beat 2 of the students!! It was a really fun day of subbing and a great way to end my days in Park Hill School District.

I came home from subbing to find my parents at our apartment. They came up for Leif's graduation and to help celebrate my birthday. In celebration they treated us to dinner at Stone Canyon Pizza. We then walked around Zona Rosa and ended our day opening presents and eating cake. It was a wonderful birthday.


Mothers Day was May 8th. This was my first Mother's Day as a mother. So I wanted to do something really special for Mother's Day. We therefore had 2 families over and had Cafe Reo Taco's. All of us were first time mothers, so it made it really special. It was a lot of fun and the weather was just perfect. I love being a mother. my only mother's day picture

all of us eating

No comments: